EyeLocc™ - Eyelid Occlusion Dressings
- EyeLocc™ is designed to hold eyes closed during general anaesthesia.
- EyeLocc™ alone is not sufficient for protection from intraocular hypertension when patient is in the prone position.
- EyeLocc™ must only be applied to closed eyes. Applying EyeLocc™ to an open eye may result in corneal trauma.
- Do not use if packaging is damaged.
- EyeLocc™ should be applied immediately AFTER induction of anaesthesia. It is best to ensure EyeLocc™ is applied before any action that involves a heightened risk of corneal trauma, such as insertion of a mechanical airway, preparation of the surgical area, or application of surgical drapes.
- Ensure the EyeLocc™ is removed before patient is able to open eyes naturally to avoid acute patient distress.
Steps for application:
View as PDF
- Open the packaging, from the end marked "Peel from this end".
- Note that there are two identical EyeLocc™s in each package, and either EyeLocc™ can be used on either of the patient's eyes.
- Remove middle portion of backing material.
- Hold on to the non-stick tabs, one in each hand.
- Place the EyeLocc™ over the closed eye so the eyelashes and majority of the upper eyelid can be seen through the clear centre viewing window.
- Ensure that the EyeLocc™ has made a tight seal with the eye socket and there are no gaps between the EyeLocc™ and the skin.
- Repeat with the second EyeLocc™.
- To remove the EyeLocc™, gently peel it off from the medial to the lateral corner of the eye, using the non-stick tabs.
- Dispose of the EyeLocc™s. The dressings are not intended for multiple applications.